Sunday, October 2, 2022

WOMEN’S WISDOM

  Myself when young did eagerly frequent

Great Doctor and Lawyer  and heard much argument …


… here I must divert from the quotation of my friend Omar to reveal a secret long and carefully guarded:  I was once an avid reader of Cosmopolitan.

Yes, the WOMEN’S magazine. Perhaps more carefully read in my thirties and forties than Playboy.

The pictures were nearly equal in their stimulating qualities, and the articles – especially the letters from the readers – were much more informative.

And so I became aware of the superior intellect of womankind, as opposed to mere men,  and learned a great respect for their willingness to share their exceptional knowledge.

For example, I read one letter complaining of a man’s proclivity for falling asleep immediately after completing the act of sex.

“There is absolutely no biological reason for a man to sleep at this time. It is simply another way of showing maledom’s disrespect for his female companion.”

I was struck by the anger, and the certainty of this declamation.

because …

I myself when young did …

…forgive me, Omar …

… did often at the delicious completion of the sex act have a strong need to sleep.

Not always. And I have been unable to correlate the need to sleep to any of the many variables attached to the situation.

But sometimes, with an urgency approaching that of a narcoleptic, I was compelled to sleep – with no regard for situation or circumstances. To the extent that there was a perception of a physical pressure in the brain, which could be dissipated only by sleep.

Never did I sleep more than just a few minutes – perhaps five at the most – but the need was urgent and certainly biological.


Another forum of great value for the understanding of life in general and more particularly, women, is the TV show “The View”.

Today I heard one of the panelists express the wisdom that “… it is not necessary for a woman to have an orgasm in order to conceive – but the man must …!”

The simple, and obvious refudiation is this: 

A man, particularly one in a state of high arousal, may eject a small amount of potent seminal emission well before orgasm. 

And, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus …. Just wait nine months for your gift!

No comments:

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...