Saturday, September 25, 2021

Heritable

The HEB store at 3133 S Alameda St, Corpus Christi, TX was where I first worked for wages. In 1952 I earned forty cents an hour for sacking groceries and carrying them out to customer's cars.

Working in that store at that time was a young man named Charley Butt.

He went on to a life of great success. I went on.

Charles Clarence Butt (born February 3, 1938) is an American heir and billionaire. He inherited his family's San Antonio–based H-E-B supermarket chain in 1971. The privately held company has more than 300 stores and $20 billion in sales, according to Forbes. Wiki

He got his father's genes.

I inherited my father's khakis.

No comments:

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...