Friday, September 24, 2021

Another Visitation

this post is intended as a continuation of the earlier post "Visionary" 


Another Night

This time my caller approached me more gingerly:

After the way you reacted on my previous visit, I feel that I should ask you.”

Are willing to participate?”


Having had several months to integrate the chilling realizations of his last session, I bravely thought to endeavor to persevere, to again experience the revelations of a superior intellect. I mumbled some sort of acceptance.

He smiled … “I thought that you would.”

As we assumed positions in the classroom – for what else could you call it? – I felt, for the first time, a chill.

Chill, Hell … I was cold!

Noting my discomfort my teacher – for that's how I regarded him – took from his shoulders a soft pure white serape. (At least that's what it would be called here in South Texas)

He gently draped it around my shoulders. I was surprised at the warmth it conveyed. Glad, too.

I inquired after his comfort: “How will you stay warm?”

He smiled. “I don't need it. I brought it for you.”

As I regarded my teacher I began to wonder about him. Brazenly, but politely I asked his name.

He took my left hand, and on the upturned palm he wrote:

  K-o-h-e-l-e-t-h.    

He smiled, and said "All is meaningless,"


Let us get to it.”

He took from his pocket – the pocket on his robe could not have been more than about a foot deep – he took out a metal rod about six feet long, and maybe 1/4” in diameter.

Placing it in the emptiness before us, he gave it a gentle nudge. As it drifted away he turned to ask me whether I could recite Einstein's proclamation regarding the limiting velocity of light, and what occurred if an object – he gestured toward the drifting metal rod – were to be pushed beyond the limit.

I was tempted to suggest that an angel would write him a speeding ticket – but I exercised admirable restraint.

Instead I dutifully recited the mantra that at the limiting velociy threshhold, the putative increase in velocity would be converted to increased mass of the object.

He reached into his pocket – David Copperfield should have such a robe – and produced a steel ball an inch in diameter. Suspending it gently before us, he said “Now regard the velocity of that distant departing rod with respect to this stationary ball. What will occur as that velocity increases and approaches the speed of light?”


Eager to display my understanding of the relevant theorem I blurted “The rod will get heavier.”

Precisely what you are expected to conclude. But you have been deceived.  Look to your right.”

Passing alongside I observed Tennessee Fried Chicken, Low's Home Depot, and Wellmart, (It seems the names vary slightly in some locations).


Contrary to what you may have thought, that rod isn't traveling away. WE are in fact hastening in the oppposite direction. My challenge to you is to explain how an increase in OUR velocity can induce an increase in the mass of that rod, which is hanging motionless in this timeless void.”


Wouldn't you know it, my dream ended. Again I was startled to wakefullness by a troubling realization.

Damn it, if he comes back again I'm not gonna be at home !


No comments:

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...