Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Me and T-Mobile

 I am having seriously irritating problems with the replacement phone that T-Mobile provided.

When I initially struggled through attempts to get the phone set up I had managed to get it to give me an audible alert  when a Gmail (email) came in, or when I got a text message,

Worked for about a week.  Then didn't.

I couldn't restore it so I contacted T-Mobile.  They guided me to change certain settings, and assured me that “that will fix it!”

Didn't.

Additionally, the phone has a problem charging the battery.  

The receptacle for the tethered cable to charge it will not accept the plug for the charging cable that they sold me for $16.  So I turned to a wireless device that they sold me for $50. It is designed to charge the phone by simply placing it on the charging table. The position of the phone must be precise, to the nearest tenth of a millimeter. Else it turns off the charger after ten seconds.

Tonight I finally got it to function.  Didn't dare reposition the phone until the battery was fully charged.

So when I wanted to access YouTube, I set up the T-Franklin mobile hotspot that T-Mobile sold me for $90.  

Then when the phone was fully charged I wanted to retire the T-Franklin device, and run off of the mobile hotspot in the phone.  

Nope.  No access.  The T-Franklin device had displaced the Samsung phone hotspot, and I would have to reprogram it to connect via the phone.

Sounds easy if you say it fast.

An hour later, and with the help of a double shot of vodka I finally established the connection.

Does Ludditte have one or two T's?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ugh...telecommunications make their product and service sound so simple but in reality, no one really knows what they are doing! I feel your pain!

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...