Saturday, February 4, 2023

Maturity

 It has been said, by a learned philosopher, that “life is a journey to uncover one's self, one's identity.”1

It is interesting to hear the voices of wisdom by my betters. I seek to learn from them. I am inspired by the rambling expressions and opinions of learned philosophers.

But I don't always agree with them.

With respectful regard for the wisdom of the quote in the first line of this essay — I have noted in myself an ongoing, accelerating evolution in my mentality and perception of reality. And with the conceit and arrogance of one who has accumulated a few knocks, bumps and scars I dare to disagree.

I would revise the quote thusly:

. . . life is a journey to mold and develop one's self, one's identity.”



1  Walt Whitman's poem “I Celebrate Myself” is actually about how Whitman celebrates himself. The poem is about finding your identity,

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Mine is, "Life is a journey...be foot loose and fancy free."

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...