Monday, January 2, 2023

Errant Lockset

 



The photograph at left immediately above is of an entrance lockset salvaged from the dumpster.

      The adjacent photograph shows how easy it is to see the device in the repurposed plastic jar in which it has been stored for several years.  

The thrust of this essay is to review events of March 2021.


I found it desirable to change the door knob set on a passage door in my apartment. I removed the previous set, and went to the table in my "shop" where I knew I would find the lockset pictured above.  

I had a clear memory of recently noticing the item in its jar on the table, in an group with several other jars of similar size.  And I will note that these similarly sized jars are grouped, together at one end of the table.  No other jars of that particular size are in use.

I couldn't find the lockset.

I picked up each if the other jars in turn and examined their contents.  The lockset was not there.

I searched diligently in several other areas to which I thought perhaps I had relocated it.  No joy.

 I returned to my project and managed a solution without the desired lockset.- Later, remembering again that I had not long ago noted the presence of the lockset on the table in my shop, I returned to that location. I searched the entire length of the table.

Nope.

A week later I had occasion to approach the table in the shop.

There, plainly visible, was the elusive lockset, clearly visible in its jar.


You tell me —  I don't know.


No comments:

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...