Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Mickey in Song

 



To all the girls I’ve loved before,

Who traveled in and out my door

. I’m glad they came along …I dedicate this song …

To all the girls I loved before…..

… as sung by Willie Nelson

***

Whether I’m right – or whether I’m wrong

Whether I find a place in this world or never belong…

I Gotta be me …

What else can I be but what I am?



I want to live, not merely survive.

I won’t give up this dream of life that keeps me alive.

I Gotta be me …

The dream that I see makes me what I am.



I’ll go it alone – that’s how it must be.

I can’t be right for somebody else if I’m not right for me.

I gotta be free …

Daring to try, to do it or die ..

I gotta be me …

… as sung by Sammy Davis Jr

***

For what is man, what has he got?

If not himself, then he has not.

The record shows I took the blows

And did it my way!



Regrets, I’ve had a few -

But then again too few to mention …

I did what I had to do,

And saw it through without exemption



To think I’ve done all that

And may I say, not in a shy way -

I did it my way…

… as sung by Frank Sinatra



And all seem relevant to me !

No comments:

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...