Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Super Spreaders

 

 I viewed the closing few minutes of the Friday night football game. The announced crowd of 68,316 for Florida State's season opener against No. 7 Notre Dame was 10,000 under the stadium's capacity.

I didn't deliberately tune in to the game – I was waiting for the game to end, so I could catch the news.

The camera scanned the stadium crowd, and there seemed to be no vacant seats.

I was/am impressed that so may hundreds of people believe themselves to be immune to Covid – and/or regard the likelihood of the occasion becoming a “super-spreader” event as being insignificant.

It is no wonder that the Covid pandemic is in riotous upsurge. I take umbrage, and hold each person in that crowd responsible for the ongoing increase in illness.

Their indifference is unforgivable.


Post Script:

A day after posting this blog  I read this:   

"NFL teams can have different stadium policies and protocols. The Seattle Seahawks, Las Vegas Raiders and New Orleans Saints are requiring fans to provide proof of vaccination to enter. Other teams may join them along the way."

That certainly changes my perception --- but I continue to be concerned  that so many believe that football is more important than Covid prevention.

No comments:

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...