Thursday, February 18, 2021

I'd Rather Stay Home

 

Don't want to tour in a plane --'your love gets me higher.

No wish to visit sunny Spain  -- your songs set my heart on fire.

And give me all the grandeur that I need.

 

Let our friends go to Rome

I just want to stay home.

Your love  makes me happy indeed.

 

Grand Canyon's a hole in the ground; 

The ocean's a lake, big around.

The mountains are high, the Mississippi rolls by,

Mount Rushmore's faces in the sky.

Here with you, to share your love at home

Is splendor that ensures I'll never roam.

 

My couch with you's the place to be;

We'll write our own great symphony,

Stretched out here, the two of us alone.

 

Pyramids are hot and dusty, Everglades are damp and musty,

 The Caribbean just doesn't float my boat.

I have no love for sailin', 

Opera’s like cats awailin', 

Skydiving simply gets my goat.


Let's  spoon and snuggle, we'll cuddle and kiss; 

Old TV movies will be our bliss.

 

While our friends all sail the sea

The place that I'll  be

Is right here, loving you.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

A beautiful love poem indeed! :)

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...