Saturday, January 30, 2021

The Death of Life

 

Spirits of night still call my name, entreating

Me to join their lonely journey into night.

While I lie restless, dreaming but of flight

To safety, warmth, security and light.

Full knowing the certainty of our meeting,

That awesome day when death shall bring me greeting.

 

I live to know the gift of life's full meaning;

That every day a new reward descends

On he who, sinning, also makes amends;

And cares less for himself than for his friends,

And pleasure finds in spring's new yearly greening

And in autumn feeds his soul by thrifty gleaning.

 

How fly the years!

We'd best be gay

While yet we may,

There comes a day,

When all our fears

Are turned to tears.

No comments:

Weather or not . . .

  Words that come unbidden to mind include paranormal . ..supernatural . . .  ridiculous . . . The first instance I observed while following...